You might drink coffee because of its amazing taste or capability to give you that extra boost of energy in the morning, but did you know there are a number of health benefits that come from drinking this soul soothing drink? Coffee positively affects your mind and body. Click here and learn more about the health benefits of drinking coffee daily.
Are you sparking up the grill this Memorial Day weekend? Of course you are! When honoring the service members who have fought for our freedom this weekend, try this coffee-inspired rub from food historian, Ms. Francine Segan, on meats like London Broil and chicken breasts.
3/4 cup finely ground espresso
2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
1. Combine all spices in a bowl.
2. Uses: Sprinkle into your favorite chili, baked bean or stew recipe. Stir into ketchup, honey, or BBQ sauce. Drizzle a little olive oil onto steaks, chops, fish, or chicken and then press on a good thick layer of the rub. Grill, broil, or pan fry.
This Saturday Cafe Kili will hold its annual Christmas Tree Decoration extravaganza.
Come and decorate our tree with your special ornaments while enjoying sweet fellowship with your Cafe Kili friends from 2-5 P.M.
Beginning Monday, Cafe Kili will launch its holiday raffle for a Kili gift basket. The tickets are $1.00 and a portion of each ticket’s proceeds will go towards Toys For Tots. The winner will be announced at the Kili Christmas Choral sing a long on December 15.
Please look out for our newsletter next week for more details and holiday events! From all of us at Cafe Kili, thank you for reading!
For more than a week, Cafe Kili had voters weigh in on their favorite finalist for the Fan of the Fall contest on our social media sites. We finally have a winner! Congratulations to Anna Radosti! She won a food item and soft drink from Cafe Kili. Please continue to “like” our page for more offers to win!
We always love to see great comments and testimonials from our patrons.
Brit from San Francisco says, ”My mom and I loved eating at Cafe Kili the other night!! I just moved out here from the San Francisco bay area, and your place reminds me of somewhere I used to go to all the time.”
If you would like to tell us about your experience, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on Facebook or Twitter (@Cafekili).
Be sure to check out or monthly drink specials and our Thursday and Friday night entertainment! See you at the Kili!
Café Kili is accepting nominations for the Fan of the Fall award. The first ten fans to click on the “Jambo!” tab on our Facebook page and fill out the nomination form will be selected for an opportunity to win a free soft drink and food item from Café Kili! Friends, fans, and family can begin voting for a winner as soon as we have our ten contestants!
-Only one vote per fan, per day.
-Winner will be notified via email and posted on Cafe Kili’s Facebook page.
-All information obtained will not be sold, given away, or used for any reason other than this contest and distribution of information about Cafe Kili.
-Non-transferable and no cash value. Must have ability to provide a print out the notice we will provide the winner via email.
-Must be 18-years of age or older to be eligible to win.
-By submitting your name and birthday you agree to allow Cafe Kili to use your name and first initial in this contest.
-Prize package can be redeemed up to 1-year from date of issue.
Cafe Kili was recently nominated for “The Best Coffee Spot” in the Tampa Bay Business Journal. We need your voting support to catapult us straight to the number one spot! Please take a moment to vote by visiting the Tampa Bay Business Journal’s website and scrolling down to #5 “Best Coffee Spot”.
Also-watch our video, where we take a look inside the coffee shop, and hear from loyal customers who love Cafe Kili. Co-owner, Rose also gives special thanks to all of you out there voting.
Watch video HERE.
It’s every coffee lover’s favorite holiday-National Coffee Day! To celebrate National Coffee Day on Saturday, Sept. 29, Café Kili is offering a FREE cup of coffee with a $3 food purchase. Café Kili has participated in a National Coffee Day giveaway for the past several years. “We hope many of our customers will come in and take advantage of the giveaway this weekend. This is a great time for many coffee lovers to rejoice, “said Owner Rose Waruinge.
Come in all day on the 29th and get your coffee fix!
What’s your favorite Café Kili coffee?
We have great news…
We were recently voted #9 Best Coffee Shop in Nation by Huffington Post Readers. The list is featured as an infographic on the “Huffpost Taste” section of the publication.
“We are humbled and honored to have received this type of recognition the past several years,” says Café Kili owner Rose Waruinge. “Earning this distinction encourages us to continue to provide excellent service to our customers. It is because of the loyalty of the Tampa Bay community that we have flourished into the third- place for many of our customer base.”
In the Vietnamese culture, strong iced coffee combined with sweet condensed milk is very popular. This ice cream sundae was inspired by these two flavors. The bold flavors mixed with peanut brittle and a pinch of cinnamon adds a great flavor. This recipe can be found at delish.com
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 3/4 cup(s) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) instant coffee mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons of hot water
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 pint(s) vanilla ice cream
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of the sugar with the water and bring to a boil. Cook over moderately high heat, undisturbed, until an amber caramel forms, about 12 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the roasted peanuts, cinnamon, and salt until the peanuts are evenly coated. Scrape the caramel mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Let stand until the brittle is hardened, about 20 minutes.
- Break off 4 medium-size pieces of peanut brittle. Place the remaining brittle in a resealable plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin to crush the brittle into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk with the dissolved instant coffee. In another medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar at high speed until softly whipped.
- Scoop the ice cream into 4 bowls and drizzle with the milky coffee. Sprinkle with the crushed peanut brittle and top with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with the reserved pieces of peanut brittle and serve at once.
- 3 cups brewed Café Kili coffee
- Ice cube tray
- Fill ice tray with brewed coffee. Place tray in freezer until frozen.
- Brew fresh cup of Café Kili coffee and pour over coffee iced cubes.
- Add desired cream and sugar.